A Certified Diabetes Educator ( CDE®) is a health care professional who is specialized and certified to teach people, with diabetes or borderline diabetes, how to manage their condition.
Our qualified Pharmacist CDE® can work with you, your family and other healthcare providers in your circle of care to provide individualized diabetes management services. As an on-going service our ultimate goal is optimizing care and health outcomes by empowering and motivating our patients with self management of their diabetes.
Some of the things we can do:
- discussion of how to accurately take blood glucose readings and interpretation
- medication management of oral and insulin therapy
- coach you on how to inject insulin safely and adjust dosing based on glucose readings
- discuss prevention of hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- provide foot care advice
- dietary advice specific to your needs
- discussion of physical activity requirements and practical tips
- advice on prevention and management of long term complications associated with diabetes, and much more!